2009-02-26

isw: Could not find disk /dev/sd# in the metadata error with dmraid

Reinstalled my old rig yesterday, to switch from a RAID0 to a RAID1 conf, now that the bulk of my data is stored in the RAID5 array from my HTPC. As usual, using the Motherboard's fakeraid driver. This time it's the intel's ICH8R Matrix Storage RAID driver (and boy is it slow on rebuilding RAID1 arrays, which I had to do since I only got a brand new Vista64 stable for four hours before a complete freezout that required a hard reset!).

As usual, went through a Linux reinstall, only to find out that dmraid 1.0.0.rc15 would return the following:
root@dusk:/usr/src/dmraid/1.0.0.rc15# dmraid -ay
ERROR: isw: Could not find disk /dev/sdc in the metadata
ERROR: isw: Could not find disk /dev/sdb in the metadata
no raid disks
Well, once again, it was Debian patches to the rescue. Just make sure you apply the latest dmraid_######.diff patches to your dmraid install (just like we did for grub, see below) and voila!:
root@dusk:/usr/src/dmraid/1.0.0.rc15# dmraid -ay
RAID set "isw_dadaadaecb_Ark" was activated
RAID set "isw_dadaadaecb_Ark1" was activated
RAID set "isw_dadaadaecb_Ark2" was activated

No comments:

Post a Comment