That is, until gotoh figured out that the issue was in the nVidia BIOS itself.
A simple mod/reflash is all that's needed now to get a 512 MB GeForce card to be detected successfully in JasOS. Well, actually, that's was the easy part. The rest, if you're not that familiar with OS-X might be a bit confusing (and threads of more than 25 pages sure do not help!).
Here's how I did proceed to get Natit installed and my card recognised (on an existing installation of Jas OS 10.4.8):
- Flashed my Graphics Card following these steps
- Downloaded the Natit_Dual_v0.2 package from this page (which got automatically extracted by Stuffit on the Desktop)
- Copied over the content to /System/Library/Extensions with the command:
sudo cp -R Desktop/Natit.kext /System/Library/Extensions
- Fired up "System Profiler" in "Utilities" (which you can access with Finder) and found that the Device ID for my Graphics Card was 0x0295
- Edited Natit.kext/Contents/Info.plist and change the IOPCIMatch section string to 0x029510de...
- in /System/Library/Extensions:
sudo chown -R root:wheel Natit*
- in /System/Library
sudo rm -rf Extensions.mkext Extensions.kextcache
- Rebooted and that was it!